Several useful tips (with a pinch of humor) for typing faster on iPhone are presented in this video:
A quick summary:
- Type in the landscape mode whenever possible. The keys and the space between the keys is larger.
- Use both thumbs to type.
- Instead of looking at the keyboard, look at what you type in the area where the text is displayed.
- If you typed a wrong key, slide your finger to the correct key. The letter is typed only after you have released your finger.
- When starting a new sentence, double tap the space key. iPhone will insert a period, a space and switch the next letter to upper case.
- Double tap the shift button to turn on caps lock (caps lock can be enabled/disabled in Settings > General > Keyboard).
- When typing a single number or punctuation mark, press and hold down the numeric-keyboard key (123/@123/.?123/) and then slide your finger to the number or punctuation mark you want to type. When you release your finger, you will return automatically to the letter keyboard.
Other useful tips:
- To replace a word, double tap it and then start typing the new word.
- To type a letter with an accent, for example Ñ, press and hold the key with the character without accent, e.g. N. A call-out with accented letters will be displayed. Then slide the finger to the desired letter with an accent.
- Try the method above also for non letter keys. For example, holding the $ key enables you type select symbols for other currencies.
- Then pressing and holding the .com key, the other frequently used domains are displayed.
- No need to type common domain names, such as .com or suffix of the country where you are located. For example, when typing an address in Safari's address box, you can omit .com. The browser will append this automatically. Thus typing ideas-smart will result in displaying www.ideas-smart.com.
- Shake the iPhone to undo the last typing action.
If this article helped you to save money or make money or you benefited from it in some other way, you might want to consider rewarding the author. The whole donated amount will be deposited directly to author's PayPal account.